Newsong Community Church held an indoor bbq and gifts and talents auction after a Sunday service.
A good proportion of the church came and enjoyed time eating together and learning a bit more about Cambodia and CHO, through a quiz.
For dessert they shared a home made cake that was decorated to look like the Cambodian flag.
After the food, one of the church elders auctioned off a large number of items which had been donated by church members.
- handmade craft items
- a drive in an Aston Martin
- a nights babysitting
- two car washes
- 1 hour session with a personal trainer
- 1 hour riding lesson
- 4 bags of well rotted manure!
- a full house clean
- a traditional African dinner for 4
- 3 loaves of homemade bread
- a batch of homemade biscuits
- vouchers donated by 2 local hairdressing salons
- an afternoon tea for 4
It was a great time and over £700 was raised on the day for CHO, which included auction proceeds and bbq donations. Further donations were made the following week, bringing the total to around £800.
What a great opportunity for people to use their personal gifts and skills to bless others.
Why not organise a gifts and talents auction for your own church or group?